At High Pointe we have many ways you can be involved in missions.
Our foreign work is focused in El Salvador. We have had a presence there since the mid 1990’s. Our vision is “That every Salvadoran will have the opportunity to obey the Gospel.” Our mission is “To plant vibrant, evangelistic congregations of our Lord’s church in every city, town, and village.”
- We partner with evangelists and churches throughout the country from Candalaria in the west (near the Guatemalan boarder) to Gotera in the east (about 45 minutes from the coast and from the Honduran border).
- We partner with Genesis Alliance (a DFW metroplex-based non-profit that trains disciples who make other disciples) to implement our vision and mission. We have helped to plant churches all across the country, and they have grown and planted other churches.
- We sponsor a Christian education program through our partner evangelists to educate potential student leaders. This raises the socio-economic level of the student members and ultimately strengthens their churches.
- We purchased a facility just off the Pan American Highway in Cojutepeque in 2021 in the center of the country. Centro Emanuel (the God is with us center) is used by churches for training seminars, youth events, and community meetings. It also serves as a meeting place for a local church plant and housing for two local evangelists. Centro Emanuel provides a place to host a medical clinic, short-term mission trips, and classes in English using the Bible as a text.
- We also currently have two medical mission trips to El Salvador per year that work with local congregations to serve medical needs in their communities.
If you are looking for something more local, we offer outreach right here in Collin County. We partner with Community Lifeline, and Vega Elementary.
Whether you are called to serve in El Salvador or prefer to stay local we have countless opportunities for you. Take a moment to fill out this form and we will contact you with more information.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” I Peter 4:10
Matthew 4:23 and Matthew 9:35 are bookends to Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and stories of his healing of the sick. These verses state that Jesus preached the good news of the kingdom of heaven and he healed every disease and sickness among the people.
We are also called by Jesus to follow him – to share the good news of the gospel and to serve those who are in need. The Great Commission of Jesus is to “go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” (Matthew 28:19-20). In Mathew 25:31-46 Jesus describes a scene of people gathered together, but separated like sheep from goats. Those who receive his blessing are those who feed the hungry, give something to drink to the thirsty, invite the stranger in, cloth those who need clothing, look after the sick, and visit those in prison.
We all have the opportunity to participate in these activities, both directly and by supporting others who are doing this work through High Pointe outreach programs. You can learn more about the programs here. You may have a request that High Pointe participate in additional activities. You may want to participate but don’t know how to get started.
We have an annual Harvest Sunday that supports many of our local and global efforts. You can give towards these efforts.